Monday 23 April 2012

Post #24 Updating Old Clothes

I started making "outfit" folders back in 2009.  I have accumulated many many outfits for different occasions.  Around the summer of 2009 I went through a bit of a neko phase.  Being the puritan I am, I opted for the safe happy kitty look.  I remember buying this outfit (ears and tails not included) from League.  Ooooh I saved up for this sucker.  I was really happy once I got it and wore it to a few neko contests at some clubs (where I seemed to get all my money from), and around the grid while shopping.  After a few months, the fascination with the style ended, plus I do hate cats, and the outfit was all but forgotten.
I was going through my folders today and I got into the costumes section and put this baby on.  It's so cute.  But I will never wear it again.  I do still really like the dress, even though the skirt is flexi, so I decided to give it a makeover.  I still love that old 69 hair, but it's also way too flexible.  Flying everywhere all carefree...

I toned it down and made it something I would not be weirded out to wear in public.  I can't believe I used to think those big arse butt kickin' boots were the bomb back in the day.  I also thought being 7 feet tall with too long arms looked normal too, so I'm not sure where my head was.  I'm sure a few years from now, if I'm still on SL I'll be looking at my clothes now shaking my head with laughter.
I might wear this once and a while if I find a forest...

wood elfy hugs...
<3 Anahata

Summary (for the updated version)
Hair: Burley - Lola (blonde 03)
Skin: Dutch Touch - Jolie (caramel/autumn)
Dress: League - Steampunk Apocalypse V.2
Stockings: League - Thermal Stockings (camel)
Boots: Ten10 - Megas Boots

old hair is from 69, which isn't available anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment